Sunday, October 7, 2012

Cup of Joy Challenge...

The Paper Players Challenge this week is called 'Cup of Joy'.  Cute, right?  I am a huge fan of tea cups so I was thrilled to see this challenge.  As I was looking through my supplies I realized I had a lot of cup cake items and a little light bulb went off in my head: how about not taking the challenge so literally and make a cup cake card?  And off I went.


Here's what I came up with:


I love the combination of brown, green and pink.  


I used some glitter paper for the flame of the candle & I love the way it turned out.  The cupcake is a Stampin' Up punch and one of my favorites. Other things I used:

Paper: All scraps from my supply
Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso
Happy Birthday Stamp: Party this Way set by Stampin' Up
Baker's Twine: Stampin' Up
Ribbon: Hobby Lobby

Head over to the Paper Players and see more Cup of Joy cards!

4 comments:

H2 :) said...

Great take on the challenge Debra! Love your sweet "cup" cake & the cool colour scheme. The cupcake ribbon is cute too! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players. :)

Dawn Easton said...

OH I never thought to use a CUPcake! Very good idea!!! LOL! Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

I just LOVE your cupcake idea!! So glad you thought a little bit out of the box! That's what I love about creative stampers! Thanks so much for participating in my Cup of Joy Paper Players challenge!

Amy White said...

Very cute interpretation of the theme this week! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!